Pajulahti Sport Institution has made cooperational agreement with Averett University in 2011 to educate future Physical Education Teachers.
The first year of the programme is in Pajulahti. After that the students continue their studies in Virginia, the university of Averett. The degree is a Bachelor´s level degree. Teaching language: english.
The goal of the physical education, wellness and sport science program is to prepare students for any career in athletics. The program offers students quality instruction in a wide range of skills, caring and nurturing faculty, effective leadership opportunities and other professional development opportunities.
Students earning a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education can choose from one of the following six concentration areas.
- For the Coaching concentration, additional courses within the major cover coaching, training, and officiating skills, along with biomechanics and legal issues in sports.
- Students preparing for teacher licensure in Health, Physical Education and Driver Education take education courses, biology and anatomy, traffic safety, and other content area-related classes.
- Personal Training students learn the skills necessary to improve physical fitness among a broad range of clients, from athletes to rehabilitative patients to older adults.
- In the Physical Education concentration, students do not prepare for teaching licensure, but rather for careers in recreation departments, the YMCA, and other organizations. Courses focus on teaching programming and instruction skills.
- The Sport Management concentration teaches business administration skills and knowledge along with an understanding of the business of sport—professional, scholastic, and intercollegiate.
- Students who choose the Wellness/Sports Medicine concentration focus on improving performance for athletes, including nutrition, injury prevention, therapeutic exercise, and more.
Whichever emphasis area you choose, you’ll benefit from the guidance of Averett’s dedicated faculty members. You’ll also complete a senior-year exit project and an internship, ensuring that you graduate with hands-on skills.
More information about the Physical Education: Averett University P.E. pages
Note: it is possible to choose also from any other emphasis areas provided by Averett University. Please ask the study counselor for more information.
All Majors and Programmes: Majors and Programs – undergraduate degrees
Eligibility to apply for Bachelor’s degree programmes in polytechnics /UAS depends on having completed at least one of the following:
- the Finnish matriculation examination
- completed upper secondary school
- vocational qualifications of three years or more in duration – requires language test TOEFL
Applying information in Pajulahti web pages during application time.
Costs of education:
First year in Pajulahti tuition is 700€ month, that is 5600€ per year. Price includes housing in the Pajulahti dormitary (2 persons per room) and meals on study days. It is also possible to rent an apartment full time.
Studies are qualified fully to apply student aid from Kela.
Averett University costs please see the Averett University page: Costs and affordability
NEW: The group starting next fall will receive a flight ticket for the first flight to Averett and 1000$ extra scholarship per year for the tuition fee in Averett.
Also: Averett scholarship has increased: 25 000 $ per year.